Boy, 16, arrested on suspicion of murder after 15-year-old stabbed to death | UK News

Written by

A 16-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a 15-year-old was stabbed to death in Huddersfield.

West Yorkshire Police said: “The youth was arrested at an address in Huddersfield shortly before 5am this morning in connection with the incident in Woodhouse Hill, Fartown, yesterday afternoon.

“He remains in custody and inquiries are ongoing led by detectives from West Yorkshire Police’s Homicide and Major Inquiry Team.”

Emergency services were called to the scene at 2.54pm on Wednesday following the attack close to the entrance to North Huddersfield Trust School.

The victim received treatment at the scene and was taken to Leeds General Infirmary for emergency surgery, but was pronounced dead a short time later.

Police confirmed a homicide investigation was underway.

Yorkshire Police have launched a murder investigation after a schoolboy was stabbed in Huddersfield this afternoon as he left school.

Earlier this morning, the school paid tribute to the victim, describing him as a “wonderful student”.

In a statement, headteacher Andrew Fell said: “Our deepest sympathies go out to the student’s family and friends who must be absolutely devastated.

“They have lost a loved one and we have lost a wonderful student from our school community.”

Sir. Fell said it was with “immense sadness” that the school had to tell parents that “one of our students has tragically lost his life”.

“This is truly shocking news for our students, your children and our staff.”

He said specialist support was being made available to people, adding: “I would urge everyone not to engage in speculation about possible causes or perpetrators and allow the police to carry out their investigations.”

The statement said the school will not open until 6 p.m. 10.30 Thursday and then only for students who need support.

Copyright Ben Lack Photography Ltd.West Yorkshire Police have launched a homicide investigation after a schoolboy was stabbed in Huddersfield this afternoon as he left school.

Afiya Mahmood, 39, who lives opposite the school, said she was working from home when she got a message from her husband about the attack.

She said: “It must have been about half an hour after the incident happened. I hadn’t heard anything but I ran up to see what was happening.

“I could see the boy from the window and the paramedics working on the child.”

She added: “There were a lot of paramedics, about 15 or 20 or so it felt anyway. Then they took him away.

“It’s very overwhelming, disturbing. It’s shocking, it’s just a young boy, isn’t it.”

A police cordon blocking the pavement on a section of Woodhouse Hill was in place this morning and flowers were left at the scene.

About the author

Leave a Comment